Real Estate Development
The Real Estate Development team prides itself in being the largest real estate development practice South of Bristol. We understand the challenges presented by the ever-changing real estate development market. We offer a comprehensive legal service to both private and public sector clients, dealing with everything from site assembly, strategy, planning and construction, through to sale.
The team has a renowned and strong reputation for advising residential developers and house builders nationally. We have an on-going and successful relationship with some of the largest and best known house builders in the country with a particular focus on strategic development land. The team also has substantial experience with urban regeneration development.
- Land acquisition and disposal
- Advised developers on the Forder Valley development site. The work involved site assembly and disposal of a 900 unit site in Plymouth including the provision of a 100 acre Community Park and the removal of Defence Estates overage.
- Acting for a developer client in relation to a consortium of landowners/promoters and developers promoting a 2000+ dwellings extension to Southern Gillingham.
- Provision of development documentation with the Duchy of Cornwall for the consortium of developers that are undertaking the 4,000 home development of the Newquay Growth Area.
- Acting for a local authority on the disposal of an eight-hectare town centre development site using the competitive dialogue process. Long-term development agreement with novel environmental and sustainability requirements. Development value in excess of £300 million;
- Advising on the development of a first phase of an urban extension for 4,000 new homes, including the provision of a strategic distributor road with Part 1 and Part 2 compensation claim issues arising from the sectional provision of the road and its ultimate opening up to major through traffic unrelated to the housing development;
- Acting for a consortium of landowners in relation to the promotion and disposal of a potential development site for 250 houses using a promotion agreement; the work involved the formation of an LLP to help secure capital gains tax savings;
- Acting for a consortium of landowners in relation to the disposal of over 40 acres of development land, including bonded instalment payments, overage provisions, ransom provisions in relation to adjacent land, and infrastructure cost saving provisions; the arrangements involved the use of a joint venture company and subsidiary option agreements