Public Sector Outsourcing
Our Public Sector Outsourcing team includes specialists in Projects, Procurement, Intellectual Property, Employment, Pensions and Property. We have extensive experience of acting for public sector bodies assisting our clients with all aspects of outsourcing from initial consultation and project structuring to post-completion contract management. Members of our team are recognised for their ability to advise clients on a wide range of first and second generation outsourcing services including direct services, waste, back office services, social care and ICT.
Clients praise the team for taking a practical and commercial approach to delivering legal advice. We always ensure that our clients receive the most appropriate level of input from our lawyers to suit their needs to deliver the best value we can.
- Cornwall Council - currently advising the local authority in respect of the procurement of multi-supplier framework agreements for the provision of domiciliary care services;
- Cornwall Council - currently advising Cornwall Council on its first generation property estate and asset management outsourcing;
- London Borough of Lambeth - appointed in respect of an innovative project to establish a mutual joint venture company for the delivery of a range of parking related services;
- London Borough of Lambeth – advising in respect of its £60 million Total FM Project which brings together the procurement of hard and soft facilities management services across Lambeth’s core and noncore asset base, including reactive and planned maintenance and cleaning, security, cash collection and project management;
- Torbay Council Direct Services and Waste Joint Venture Strategic Services Partnership – advising Torbay Council in relation to its circa £400 million services joint venture project;
- London Borough of Lambeth – acting for the London Borough of Lambeth on the outsourcing of its Customer Service, ICT and Revenue and Benefits Services with a potential project value of £200 million;
- Outsourcing of Swindon Commercial Services from Swindon Borough Council – advising Swindon Commercial Services in relation to the decanting of the whole organisation, including 550 staff, into a company wholly owned by Swindon Borough Council;
- Derbyshire County Council – advising Derbyshire County Council on the procurement of a data management software solution for its Children & Younger Adults Department using the competitive dialogue procedure; and
- Northamptonshire County Council – advising Northamptonshire County Council on a circa £8 million outsourcing in relation to care and social housing provision for adults with learning disabilities which reached financial close in November 2009.