Our Procurement team contains nationally recognised experts in the field. All team members have an in depth knowledge of the public procurement regime and are highly skilled in applying the regime to provide client focussed advice. We pride ourselves on making procurement work for our clients (both in the public and private sectors) whilst ensuring compliance with the legislative framework. Our experience also runs to assisting with procurement challenges and providing advice on whether to proceed with a challenge having regard to the tight timetable for bringing actions.
We have been praised for providing advice on innovative procurement structures to enable clients to be at the forefront of commissioning, as well as our ability to balance risk against the commercial needs of our clients.
- Post Office Limited - advising in respect of a variety of procurement matters;
- Department for Communities and Local Government - advising in relation to procurement compliance for ERDF;
- Exeter City Council - assisting in the procurement of the design team, construction contractor and operator of a state of the art low energy use swimming pool and leisure complex;
- Cornwall Council - currently advising the local authority in respect of the procurement of multi-supplier framework agreements for the provision of domiciliary care services;
- Cornwall Council - currently advising Cornwall Council on its first generation property estate and asset management outsourcing;
- South West Grid for Learning Trust - advising on the procurement of a single supplier framework agreement for the supply of Cloud services to educational establishments;
- North Yorkshire County Council and NYnet Limited - advising in respect of the Connecting North Yorkshire Project; a procurement to secure Next Generation Broadband Access for rural areas of the county;
- Herefordshire Council and Gloucestershire County Council - advising in respect of the Borders Broadband Project; a combined local authority procurement for Next Generation Broadband for rural locations;
- London Borough of Lambeth - advising in respect of the Total FM Project; a procurement on the re-letting of six facilities management contracts for its Total FM Project;
- Torbay Council - advising the Contracting Authority in respect of its £400 million outsourcing joint venture of all of its direct services and waste functions using the competitive dialogue process;
- Derbyshire County Council - advising on a procurement utilising the competitive dialogue procedure for the rationalisation of Derbyshire County Council's integrated management system for in respect of its Childrens' and Young Adults' services;
- City College Plymouth - advising on City College Plymouth's procurement of College bus services, including full advice and support during the procurement process and drafting full procurement and contractual documentation;
- Mendip District Council - advising on the contractual documents for the development of a supermarket car park on MDC owned land and assisting the in-house legal team with the production of recommendations and reports to Cabinet on the scheme.
Our Procurement Team operates within the Local Government Sector Group, which is headed by Projects Partner Elizabeth Gibson.
The Ashfords team were instrumental in helping the Project to become the first in the UK to be successful in delivering high speed broadband using BDUK and ERDF funding. The complexity of the funding, commercial and technical options could easily have led to a prolonged and painful procurement. Ashfords helped the Project to overcome these hurdles with thoughtful and intelligent guidance.