Our Estate Administration Team ensures that any matter arising out of the death of a loved one is handled with utmost care and sensitivity. We want you to be part of the process and so are happy to provide an estimate of our legal fees for administering an estate, as well as an estimate of how long it will take. We offer a quality but cost effective estate administration service
- Obtaining grants of probate / letters of administration
- Dealing with distribution of estate
- Deeds of variation
- Dealing with estates with foreign assets
- Estate administration
- Probate work
- Dealing with high value estates, comprising business and agricultural assets
- Double taxation relief applications
- Acting in relation to an intestacy where an application was made to the court for the approval of a deed of variation on behalf of a minor to avoid inheritance tax
Thank you most sincerely...for the excellent work that you have done throughout the entire time of dealing with this matter. From the very first day that I made contact with Ashfords regarding this matter, through to bringing it to fruition and a most satisfactory outcome, I have been impressed with the professional attitude, the knowledge and [your] efficiency...and your own communications have, without exception, been courteous, thoughtful and timely. To a layman such as I, the complexities of dealing with an Estate as an Executor, without any previous experience or knowledge, can be extremely daunting. How fortunate I was to be able to place myself in Ashfords' - and, particularly, your - capable hands. I am extremely grateful
Attorneys - the rights and wrongs
A Power of Attorney is a legal document which effectively hands over the power to manage a person's affairs to...
Trustees, mistake, and Hastings-Bass
First published in the Solicitors Journal. In the recent Supreme Court judgment in the two cases of Pitt v Holt and Re...