Remortgaging is where you pay off your existing mortgage and take out a new mortgage with a different lender.
There are many reasons why you may want to switch lender and we have acted for people remortgaging for the following reasons:
- Clients who have been on a fixed rate that has come to an end and now want to take out a new mortgage at a lower rate.
- Clients who want to consolidate borrowing.
- Clients who want to reduce/increase the term of the mortgage.
- Clients remortgaging in connection with a transfer of equity.
- Clients moving out of their home and who now want to let it out as a Buy-to-Let.
Whilst we cannot give you any financial advice or advise on the mortgage itself (you should consult a financial adviser or accountant in this respect) we can deal with the legal work for you once the decision has been made.
Whatever your reason for remortgaging, we can act for you and your lender to ensure that the old mortgage is paid off and the new mortgage is registered at the Land Registry with any surplus funds (if applicable) being paid to you.