Our Family Team appreciate that a relationship breakdown is a traumatic event, we treat all issues with sensitivity and provide a tailored service to meet your demands.
Our specialist legal advice and expertise ensure our clients receive a complete and professional service. We have expert divorce solicitors and family lawyers who are praised by clients, legal guides and the media for their outstanding knowledge of family law. A number of the team are members of Resolution, the national organisation of family lawyers committed to non-confrontational divorce, separation and other family problems.
- Advising a client in relation to a contact and residence dispute which was complex in nature due to distance, health issues and behaviour allegations. Advising the client in relation to the reliance and enforceability of a previously made arrangement. Issues of competency of adults together with removal of the children from the jurisdiction several weeks each year.
- Advising a client with a significant investment portfolio, pensions and property within divorce proceedings. Issues of the other party re-directing assets, worth £2 million, away from the matrimonial pot and levels of competence due to a medical condition.
- Advising a client in relation to a complex financial settlement involving two businesses on multiple sites. Advising the client in relation to the enforceability of a pre-nuptial agreement together with the enforceability of a trust where part of the company shares were held.
- Drafting and completing a complex pre-nuptial agreement. This was a complex case due to one party living abroad and being a foreign national.
- Representing four adult siblings in intervening in parents' divorce settlement. Advising and preparing all necessary court documents and representing parties at hearings.
Pre and Post Nuptial Agreements
A pre-nuptial agreement (pre-nup) is a document entered into prior to marriage or civil partnership. It allows the parties to...
Divorce and Separation after Christmas
Divorce lawyers refer to the first few days of January as 'D' day, because this is the period when the...
Supreme Court decision highlights the need...
Deciding to end a relationship is hard. Deciding to end a marriage is even harder. It may have taken you...