Ashfords International Group has extensive experience of working with UK and overseas clients on a full range of non-contentious global transactions.
Regularly instructed on complex, cross-border transactions, Ashfords' partner-led approach has proved successful in overcoming the legal, logistical and commercial challenges that such matters bring. From the outset, each transaction is dealt with by the most appropriate team of experts, who deliver a specialised service on time and on budget.
Ashfords' consistently first class service keeps us coming back time and again. The team's dynamic and pragmatic style never fails to impress the other side, strengthening our position and sometimes meaning Ashfords ends up with a new client after the deal has closed.
Bunny Bridges, Managing Director, Tamares Real Estate investments (UK) Limited
As a leading member of the ADVOC network of independent law firms, Ashfords can co-ordinate the delivery of legal advice from over 100 jurisdictions worldwide. This allows the team to project manage multi-national transactions.
- International - Contentious
- Corporate reorganisations
- Cross-border mergers, acquisitions and sales
- Establishing a business in the UK, whether through a subsidiary company, agency, distributorship or franchise
- International commercial contracts
- Joint ventures
- Management by outs (MBOs) and management by ins (MBIs)
- Public company transactions
- Venture capital investments in UK companies
- Restructuring & business/asset sales
- Advice on COMI including switching COMI
- Ashfords advised Schlumberger Oilfield UK PLC on its acquisition 27 March 2014 of Rock Deformation Research Limited from the University of Leeds, IP Group plc and a number of academics.
- Centrax Limited: Joint venture with Arab Shipbuilding & Repair Yard Company for the worldwide provision of power barges. Value: US$150m
- Diana Naturals SAS: Share purchase by a global food industry leader of banana products business Confoco SA, with assets in Ecuador and the USA
- Enghouse Systems Limited: Advising a company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange on its share purchase of Mettoni Limited (with subsidiaries Arc Solutions, Datapulse and Exxcom), which in 2009 had annual revenues of approximately US$27m
- Five Star Flour Mills Co and Five Star Feed Mills & Animal Produce Co: Share purchase by shareholders of 10% of a leading Egyptian milling company from Australian company AWB Limited. Value: EG£65m
- Haydon Mechanical & Electrical Limited: Advising the management team on its buy out of a subsidiary of Mears Group Plc. Value: up to £7m
- Petrofac Limited: Share purchase of Scotvalve Services, involving companies and assets in Scotland, Egypt, Algeria, BVI and Sudan
- Schlumberger Plc: Share purchase of various entities of Water Management Consultants in Australia, Canada, Chile, Peru, UK and USA
- Stovax Group: Share sale of the £36m-turnover Stovax heating business to Stockholm-listed Nibe Industrier AB
- Tamares and Associates: Contribution by a Gibraltar SPV to a Jersey Unit Trust and sale of units to Canada Life. Value: £46.3m
- Advising an overseas company on moving its COMI/obtaining a letter of request to enable it to be placed into Administration in England and its assets realised
- Advising a Canadian charge holder on the options available to them in relation to an English division of a Canadian Company which had entered Chapter 11 proceedings resulting in the subsequent sale of the business and significant recoveries for the charge holder
- Advising a Jersey registered company with property interests in England on the appointment of an English Administrator and the subsequent sale of the English property interests.
Simon Rous is deemed to be a 'powerhouse around the negotiation table'. His clients laud the fact that 'he can literally turn deals around and achieve a better result than was expected.
Simon Rous always makes you feel like you are his most important client and nothing is too much effort and he engenders this approach throughout the firm.
Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession