Ashfords Business Regulatory Consultancy
Our regulatory services take the burden of compliance off your shoulders, backed up with specialist legal advice.
We have a wide range of experience in regulatory areas such as health and safety, environment, food, fire, trading standards, licensing, bribery and corruption and the fast developing area of security.
Our services include; account management, policy delivery, audits, training, time critical and crisis management and Primary Authority coordination.
We are in partnership with the Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI), to deliver our Business Regulatory Solutions (BRS) online platform, for more information click here.
Benefits to our clients
- You can achieve significant cost savings by reducing the need for in-house specialists
- Potentially lower your insurance premiums
- Bolster the brand
- Efficiency savings by formalising approaches across multiple sites
- ‘Inside view’ from enforcement officers from HSE, Environmental Health, Trading Standards and Fire Service backgrounds
- A dedicated team who are always on hand to support your business
- Expert benchmarking
- Primary Authority protection and assured advice
- Health, safety and fire
- Trading Standards
- Primary Authority
- Supporting an international food business with its fast paced UK operation - identifying compliance gaps, developing a suite of policies and procedures for Food Hygiene, Safety and Standards, Health and Safety and Trading Standards.
- Formed a Primary Authority partnership for an organisation and continue to guide them through the process of developing assured advice. This means they are no longer asked to do different things by different regulators.
- Supported a client by identifying gaps in their health and safety and fire policies and procedures, putting it right, making improvements and saving the business money and time.
- Responding to escalated enforcement activity and advising on serious incidents, accidents and developing specialist risk assessments.
Quickly reacting when contacted by a client who had its food business closed down by the Environmental Health Department - a specialist consultant was deployed to provide remedial advice and liaise with the regulator and one of the legal team represented the client at the Magistrates court to get the notice lifted allowing the business to reopen.
Ashfords provides Transport for London with advice on technical and legal aspects as part of the Retiming Deliveries Consortium. The Ashfords team are always on hand to provide TfL with invaluable advice relating to business operations, Local Authority restrictions, regulatory impacts, feasibility of delivery changes, Planning Condition variations and Environmental Protection Act Notices. They support our working groups and events to encourage businesses to consider changing delivery times responsibly and seek efficiencies.
Transport for London