Our Asset Recovery Team provides a pro-active service to quickly and cost-effectively convert your debt to cash flow and improve your bottom line. We deal with all forms of commercial, consumer and statutory debts.
Our clients range from high street banks, commercial businesses, wholesalers, recruitment consultants, developers and estate agents to private clients, local authorities, housing associations and other quasi-public bodies. We deal with all aspects of the legal process, from advising about recovery options and serving a letter before action to issuing proceedings and dealing with both uncontested and contested proceedings through to enforcement.
- Commercial and consumer contracts
- Personal and corporate finance debt
- Invoice debt
- Unpaid commissions
- Statutory debts including council tax, business rates, and works in default
- Housing benefit overpayment/fraudulent claims
- High Court, County Court and Magistrates' Court proceedings
- Small claims, fast track and multi-track cases
- Statutory demands & applications to set aside
- Winding up and bankruptcy
- Enforcement of charging orders by orders for sale
- Freezing orders
- Settling a historic unsecured guarantee claim dating back to 2004 against three directors for £200,000
- Recovering over £200,000 from a freehold owner arising out of a land charge relating to emergency works carried out by a local authority
- Recovering more than £120,000 in respect of a fraudulent housing benefit claim
- Acting for two high street banks under a panel arrangement, to recover personal and/or corporate unsecured loans and to enforce personal guarantees for individual sums
- Recovering over £100,000 for a developer owing from a utility company relating to service piping installed at various housing construction sites
- Successfully challenging an application to annul a bankruptcy made on the grounds of maladministration by a council
- Advising a local authority in terms of their debt recovery policy and procedures and claims to the Local Government Ombudsman
- Enforcing a charging order by way of an order for sale to recover a sum in excess of £70,000
Ashfords LLP's head of asset recovery Victoria Bonnet ‘manages a strong team' which is ‘willing to go the extra mile when a case needs it'. The practice covers commercial and consumer debt recovery.
Legal 500, 2014