Ashfords' Environment Team advises on all aspects of environmental law and practice, providing support for our commercial property and corporate lawyers and dealing with stand alone environmental issues in respect of both land and the marine environment. We advise upon the need for consents and permits, appeals against refusals or the imposition of conditions and alleged breaches of consents. We are founder members of the Devon Environment Business Initiative.
Our practice embraces waste and water law, contaminated land, noise, emissions to air, marine and fisheries and nuisance. The team includes solicitors in our planning and environment, litigation, criminal, marine and projects teams.
- advice on environmental permit applications and appeals;
- advice on environmental impact assessments;
- habitats advice;
- contaminated land;
- noise notices;
- waste management regulation and permitting;
- discharge and abstraction licences and offences;
- marine and fisheries advice;
- sewers and drains;
- packaging regulations;
- WEEE Regulations;
- water law; and
- marine law;
Recent work undertaken includes:
- advising the private sector partners on the largest UK waste PFI;
- applying on behalf of a quarry operator for environmental permit exemptions;
- successful judicial review of a planning permission on grounds of failing to take proper account of environmental impacts;
- representing a distribution company and a retailer in respect of a prosecution under the packaging regulations; and
- advising a County Council on law reform issues regarding clean-up costs following the Napoli pollution incident.
T: +44 (0)1392 333842
F: +44 (0)1392 336842