Fraud and Business Crime
We represent clients charged with a range of offences under the Fraud Act and other associated legislation, including Money Laundering.
- Money Laundering
- Company Director offences prosecuted by the Department for Business Integration & Skills
- Trading Standards
- Successful defence of a company director accused of fraud against his business worth £250,000
- Defence of a Company Director charged with Blackmail
- Defence of an allegation of bribery in public office allegedly involving a fraud of £500,000
- Defence of a company secretary who stole £100,000 from his employer
- Defence of several cases brought under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 in the Crown Court (sums of £350,000; £150,000; £100,000; £45,000 etc) including Restraint Orders and Confiscation Orders
- Defence of companies under investigation from HMRC including successfully persuading HMRC to take no action against a business that had failed to obtain an Export Licence for sonar equipment that found its way onto a foreign nuclear submarine saving the company £60,000 in potential penalties
Head of Ashfords LLP's crime department Jeremy Asher comes highly recommended by clients, who highlight his "attention to detail" and concern for the client. Handling advocacy himself, his criminal practice covers a broad range of crime and regulatory matters.
European Distribution Fraud explained
Ashfords Jeremy Asher looks at what is involved with European Distribution Fraud and what can be done by businesses to protect against it in Growth Business Online.Read more
We represent clients at Courts across the country who are charged with road traffic offences covering the full range of offences from death by dangerous or careless driving through to speeding, driving without due care & attention, driving with excess alcohol or without insurance. We regularly put forward "special reasons" and "exceptional hardship" applications to avoid disqualification.Read more
Ashfords' Crime Team have considerable expertise in representing clients charged with a wide range of offences before the Magistrates' and Crown Courts.Read more
I know that there are few other lawyers with a wider breadth of experience in criminal law than me. But it's not just experience that is important - it's how you use it that matters. It humbles me to read my reviews in Legal 500. I must be doing something right to be "highly recommended" and to be described by clients as an "excellent criminal litigator"!