Whatever the allegation, whether it be a driving offence, a serious fraud offence, theft or drugs related, Ashfords' Criminal Team have considerable and wide ranging expertise and experience representing clients charged with serious offences appearing before Magistrates and Crown Courts, or summoned for more minor offences, including motoring offences. We frequently successfully represent clients who are facing disqualification from driving.
We attend at Police Stations on a 24 hour basis to give initial advice and assistance to clients arrested or attending voluntarily and subsequently review the evidence, advise and represent clients if charged. We also provide a comprehensive Criminal Service, offering assistance to serving prisoners in addition to those accused of criminal offences.
- Road traffic offences;
- Benefits and social security fraud;
- VAT evasion;
- Internet offences;
- Corporate health and safety;
- Trading standards;
- Drugs offences;
- Dishonesty; and
Recent work undertaken includes:
- Not guilty verdict for a publican accused of handling stolen wine & champagne
- Attending at local stations on a 24-hour basis, to give initial advice and assistance to clients arrested or attending voluntarily;
- Represented private clients in connection with the defence of road traffic offences, benefits and social security fraud, internet offences, a corporate health and safety breach, violence, trading standards prosecutions, drugs offences and dishonesty offences; and
- Successfully represented a significant number of clients who were facing disqualification from driving, including saving the license of a client who undertook a police car at speed driving a £1m sports car.
- “Very good in every way.”
- “Efficient, professional, very thorough.”
- “Extremely happy with the service and the courteous way all staff dealt with me.”
- “Understanding and realistic.”
News and Publications
T: +44 (0)1392 333824
F: +44 (0)1392 336824