Many businesses employ Commercial Agents or consider employing Commercial Agents as a route to market. However, retaining Commercial Agents can have serious consequences in terms of the rights of that agent, including to notice and compensation on the termination of the agency.
We are able to provide specialist advice to businesses that are thinking of retaining agents, businesses that have retained agents, and agents.
Work handled includes:
- Advising businesses that are thinking of retaining agents or distributors;
- Drafting agreements with agents or distributors;
- Advising businesses that have retained agents on the rights of those agents; and
- Advising agents on their legal entitlements and pursuing that entitlement.
Recent work undertaken includes:
- Advising a large company on the rights of their agents and varying the relationship with their agents;
- Advising a Commercial Agent, following the termination of his agency, on his entitlement to compensation, and pursuing a claim for compensation on his behalf;
- Liaising with foreign lawyers in respect of agency agreements between a well known UK company and its overseas agents; and
- Drafting agency and distribution agreements on behalf of various clients and advising generally on the structure to be adopted by them.
T: +44 (0)1392 333987
F: +44 (0)1392 336987