We put our trust in doctors, nurses, surgeons and other health professionals but, unfortunately, things can occasionally go wrong, sometimes with devastating effects on health and financial well-being.
Ashfords' Clinical Negligence Unit offers expert advice on clinical negligence claims and the best way to seek medical negligence compensation for clients who have suffered physical or mental injury due to a medical accident or negligence.
We can provide advice on medical claims on a no win no fee basis in appropriate cases.
Common cases our expert unit undertakes include:
- Late diagnosis;
- Erroneous prescriptions / treatment;
- Failure to refer; and
- Surgical errors.
Recent work undertaken includes:
- Claim against a hospital trust for failing to diagnose a dislocated shoulder, leading to permanent disability;
- Claim for a lady who had received injections of collagen filler into her under-eye area by a beautician, leading to permanent disfigurement;
- Claim against a hospital trust for failing to perform a sterilisation operation properly;
- Claim against a pharmacist for dispensing the wrong medication to a patient, making her very ill as a result; and
- Claim against a doctor for failing to diagnose a heart attack, resulting in the patient's death.
T: +44 (0)1823 232302
F: +44 (0)1823 232502
News and Publications
- Doctors blamed by coroner for failing to properly refer patients - what are your legal rights?
- The reality of delayed cancer diagnosis and the law
- South West lawyer fights to help patients affected by faulty hip implants