Our specialist charity lawyers combine legal knowledge with a real understanding and passion for the voluntary sector, in order to benefit you most.
We provide a comprehensive service to national and local charities, social enterprises and other not for profit organisations. We work alongside other teams including Employment, Property, Trusts, Estates and Education to ensure that you deal with a specialist in their field at every juncture.
- Taxation issues
- Employment issues
- Charitable school issues
- Advice on governance and trustees' powers, duties and liabilities
- Property acquisition
- Legacy issues and disputes
- Incorporation of new and existing charities
- Organisation structures, reconstructions, mergers and amalgamations
- Constitutional changes
- Winding up and the application of charitable assets
- Advising a charity to remedy a failure to comply with the term of their funding deed.
- Examining the Deeds of a charity and advising the Board how they could exercise their existing powers to achieve their objective without the need to create a new charity with all its attendant costs.
- Creating a new Community Internet Company to allow a Charity to undertake trading activities.
- Helping a School to put in place a legal structure to expand into a new building.