Ashfords advises all types of charities, both nationally and locally and also community interest companies, social enterprises, sports clubs and other non for profit organisations, combining specialist legal knowledge with a real understanding of the voluntary sector.
- Formation and registration of charities, community interest companies and others such as Industrial and Provident Societies;
- Incorporation of new and existing charities;
- Advice upon governance and trustees' powers, duties and liabilities;
- Advice upon applications for Schemes and Orders from the Charity Commission;
- Reconstructions, Mergers and amalgamations;
- Trading by charities, social enterprises and trading subsidiaries;
- Property transactions and mortgages by charities;
- Employment and volunteers;
- Grants and grant conditions;
- Winding up and the application of charitable assets;
- Schools and child protection; and
- Gift Aid advice.
- The conversion of an industrial and provident society to a company limited by guarantee;
- Advising upon the winding up of a regional cultural charity following changes to its funding;
- Registration of a charity to provide support and therapy for those suffering from trauma;
- Advising on the formation of a community interest company;
- The amalgamation of two related charities; and
- Advising the Board of Trustees of a school on changes to their governing document.
T: +44 (0)20 7544 2429
F: +44 (0)20 7544 2400