Banking and Finance
Our specialist Banking Team act on a variety of complex and innovative financing transactions across a range of sectors.
We have an international client reach and act for banks, government agencies, corporates and individuals to provide innovative transaction solutions.
With extensive experience of acting for lenders and borrowers, we have expertise in bilateral and syndicated lending, acquisition finance, secured lending, structured lending, project finance, trade finance, asset finance, restructurings and refinancings.
- Acquisition Finance
- Asset Finance and Invoice Discounting
- Bonds and Guarantees
- Commercial Banking
- Funding Arrangements
- Investment Funding
- Leveraged Financing
- Project Finance
- Property and Development Finance
- Quasi-equity and Debt Structuring
- Restructuring and Refinancing
- Advising Santander UK plc on its refinancing of Exeter Estates Limited
- Advising Santander UK plc on its refinancing of the clothing company Seasalt Limited and associated companies
- Advising Lloyds Bank plc on its £30 million refinancing of Somerset Care Limited
- Advising Lloyds Bank plc on its £3.4 million financing of Flybe Limited's Training Academy at Exeter Airport
- Acting for HSBC Bank plc on its financing of Kandytoys Limited, involving the acquisition of a partnership business and subsequent property and development finance
- Advising Centrax Industries Limited on the £50 million refinancing of the Centrax group companies with Lloyds Bank plc, comprising of term loan, overdraft, revolving credit and bond facilities
- Acting for Wayseal Finance Limited on its funding of property development companies
Rebecca Dury is a dedicated banking lawyer specialising in property development finance, commercial banking and general corporate refinancings. Clients note: "She offers a wealth of experience in the more complex areas of banking," and "she is very thorough; she understands some of the nuances that laymen might miss."
Ashfords LLP wins plaudits for its ‘high level of expertise and proactive approach to making deals happen'. Clare Brewer’s team acted for the Una Group on its recent multimillion-pound refinancing with Barclays. Rebecca Dury is ‘very responsive and effective'.